Thursday, July 09, 2009

Purpose & Path Exercise

What are my purpose and passion in life?
What am I good at doing?
What makes economic and financial sense for me?
What are my three most important values in life?

We had to answer these questions for our first assignment and post it on our Google E-group so that everyone could access it. Some people shared their views during the last class. I like how we began with defining ourselves and declaring our positions. How would you answer them? Figure out what's happening inside before you try to change what's happening outside.

People's living habits and behaviours fascinate me. I believe that I am here as an instrument of peace and try to live to it. With the skills and opportunities that I have been graciously given I search for areas where I can efficiently make maximum positive and effective impact.

I am good at visualising and expressing. Making visual aids of concepts or thoughts is something that comes easy for me. I enjoy designing ways to make information and experiences more accessible to people. Education, democracy and interaction with nature's gifts are things I dream and want to help every human being enjoy. Understanding and assembling people is another strength I have due to my experiences with and curiosity in the people I encounter.

Economic and financial sense to me goes beyond supplying oneself with necessities for the day. It is more sustainable if everyone in the world had an opportunity to earn as much as they worked. With the money people earn they should be able to support themselves and their
dependents living comfortable but environmentally low-impact lives. It makes economic and financial sense for one to have the freedom to choose what to spend on, but must come with social responsibility and compassion.

At this point in my life I value relationships, honesty and security
in all ways, shapes and forms (emotional, physical and financial).

2 comments:

LaNdA *^_^* said...

AYYYAAA!!! This is truly wonderful! Can't wait to read more and more. ;-)

Keep happy!
Landa *^_^*

Kim Oxenbridge said...

Thanks Aya - I will look forward to reading more each week :)